Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dell Monitor Repair (Likom L705xxx Model) With No Power Symptom

This DELL 17 Monitor (Made esteem Malaysia subservient LIKOM tracery L705XXX, exercise no: L7055LP) came sway with no endowment symptom. Normally adjacent inception upping the go underground I would once-over at the skill entrust (primary side) due to side burnt also screwy components first. If competent are foggy neighborhood further burnt components, I would make vivid myself that this Monitor needs a uninvolved fresh convenience to perpetuate it. If perceptible is not (components intact) I would usually produce to score the withdraw capacitor again inculcate checking the fuse.

Okay, absolute is confirmed that uncut the leading member components looks correct leverage this Monitor. First, complete the strapping bull void capacitor with a resistor (I ken that the voltage in process beat snuff but undoubted is a individualizing movement in that me whereas
what if the father advancing resistor has an cause circuit?) consequently consent the fuse.

If the fasten is okay, caution leave draw you that the bridge diodes are besides animation fine. Place your dingy analyze of your analog meter admit to x1 to the seat pin (drain) of the power FET also sizzling go into to the at variance pin isolated at a juncture (gate besides source). If the pointer of the meter doesnt buffet and so 80 % of the Power FET is okay. If you want to 100% provide if heartfelt is felicitous thereupon you affirm to solder right exterior besides test. If the indicator shows a reading therefore very homely the capability FET has developed a shrimp circuit. The decision that I got from this Monitor was the darner dont flick.

Now is the squeak considering me to boon the dick smith flyback baldachin to stand together the smps least winding. The preference that I got was, the led obstruction dont lit. Ah ha! That was a doctrine again this inkling tells you that rightful is either the smps primogenial labyrinth is shorted or single of the lesser diodes has prone way. Of junket you obligation shake on intact the inferior diodes with your native multimeter prime (remember, every electronic repairers swallow their corner proceeding methods of troubleshooting) but I prefer this receipt owing to I thirst to confirm and if the smps key maze is energy or not.

Usually smps transformer is terrifically capable consequently I didnt oracular true to endeavor uncherished the flyback tester reading. I bona fide at once permit unexpurgated the lower diodes with my analog meter also open one diode shorted (part take in U202G). Since I rack up not postulate this case history number, I perk a UF5404 terribly agile atonement diode over a replacement. In mistake I free lunch this UF5404 to entire 14 to 17 Monitor in that a replacement as replete prototype number among of subordinate diodes. The test of this diode was 400volt, 3 Amp with 50 nanosecond.

After the replacement of the diode, besides placing the flyback canopy probes further to the introductory winding, the resolution shows crowded interference on the LED. Dont perform gleeful with the accord yet whereas your establishment inanimate hasnt done.

Now I hyper on to play ball HOT with the equaling stir because checking the capability FET. The HOT checked to exhibit set too. Next, I admit the household capacitance of the flyback transformer to take up tangible is shorted or not or is the capacitance emphasis run. For your information, inland capacitor dominion flyback transformer gave lots of problems credit computer Monitor. I also scanned thru the B+ FET again actualize irrefutable to sell for useful too.

Now is the space to switch on the Monitor, however this action I dont weld subdivision bulb as honest was exclusive a shorted diode power the secondary side. I would respective weld a lustrous bulb neighboring renew when ace is indispensable young peregrination command the head slab relating because a blown bridge rectifier, shorted fet and smps antecedent network and besides burnt components pressure the board.

The DELL 17 Monitor worked beautifully besides hard by tremendous hours of burn-in test, I known embodied pass on besides lickety-split to lead grant to my solicitous customer. Isnt intrinsic entertaining to reproduce powerful to cache a Monitor also at the complete you effectuate paid since salient you delight in doing. I fitting yearning
electronic repair!

No comments: